Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Our team member jserv provides a very convenient 'Installer' tool and it's for beagle board + Android. What I need is one SD card and download three image files from 0xlab site. Just spend me two minutes and then I can play Android on beagle board.
1. Download images from 0xlab website
- wget http://downloads.0xlab.org/installer/beagle-cupcake-0x1/uImage.bin (installer itself)
- wget http://downloads.0xlab.org/release/beagle-cupcake-0x1/0xkernel-beagle.bin (kernel image)
- wget http://downloads.0xlab.org/release/beagle-cupcake-0x1/android-beagle.ubi (android image)
2. Prepare a SD card
- Format the first partition over than 100MB with VFAT on a SD card. (howto format)
- Copy those three image files into the first partition of SD/MMC card
3. Boot it with beagle board
- Plug the SD card in beagleboard SD slot and restart the beagleboard
- Wait for UI installer over
- Erase NAND flash with those three images
4. Reboot beagle board without SD card
- start to run Android system
PS. we provide daily build images as well. You may rename the image file and copy it to SD card.
PS1. here is a 2 minutes video in youtube based on real booting time!